Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2018

Meditation...my personal story

I downloaded an app called Headspace a couple of weeks ago on the idea that meditation is not sitting in a ghastly uncomfortable pose or chanting mantras to a statue; but to help calm the mind down. That's all I was after anyway, right?

Well, I love the little animations that these guys use (and their accents btw) to help us analyze how our brains work if relaxed or how to de-stress or just thinking differently.

I am a huge skeptic, but I gave it a fair shot...the first three nights I did great. I pulled up the app and did the guided section (which can be as short as three minutes, which is great for ADD folks like myself). Everytime it guided me into (mostly blissful sleep) or at least relaxed me just by breathing deeply.

The 4th night, I forgot and went back on day 5, ha ha. I skipped over the animation (told you I was ADD) I just wanted to get to the good part. The breathing and chillaxing.

A bonus to me is that they recommend tall posture while sitting or similar; I did this every night propped against three pillows (don't judge, LOL) and still was able to fill the lungs pretty well.
Long story short, I enjoyed my trial with them :) I just wish I could continue...to do so is $30 a month :(  I am unemployed and starving artist/author so very tough to raise those greenbacks, but when/if I do, I would definitely return to Headspace.

Have you tried meditation? Which method? What did it do for you?

Cheers! Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment