Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Moving...and other news

The last couple of weeks I've not been around much due to a move we just embarked upon. This was certainly not a surprise move; we'd been eyeing the possibility of exit for the entire time we were at the other place.
The move itself was a complete circus, full of missing helpers, old helpers, too-young-not-paying-attention-broke-our-grill helpers, and of course, taxiing the cats back to our new place.
Moving 30 totes into the garage was exciting enough (mostly because they were all unlabeled...making knowing their contents extra fun), but the super-sized sofa we just HAD to get and an enormous dresser we've had for over a decade made it extra exciting for the movers.

For four days after this 'fun', my legs killed me, I felt sick, and generally couldn't move very well. I went in to work on that following Monday and went home ill due to fatigue and overwhelming soreness. Oy, I should've gone for the wine to maybe soothe the agony.

We've met our neighbors this time around, actual NICE people! I love that! No one above our heads with stomping, hedonistic children either. ahhhhhhhhh

Now, 1 week, 2 days later...we're moved in, the cats are happy in their spots, and life is returning to 'normal', save for the new longer commute to work for me. Oh well...I knew that'd be the case...

As for writing...working on a WIP, a YA about two georgia teens. I love it to death so far...we're about 80 pages in. My co-author is Julie Hayes, this is our 2nd collaboration.

In other news, Life After Math just hit paperback on Silver.

and finally...

Ranch Hands triumphantly returns on August 26th from Wicked Nights. Hot new cover, same great story (just with a publisher this time, not on my own)! :)

Happy Reading!

Steph L. Danielson

No comments:

Post a Comment