Search This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wedding...take two

For those who might not know my story; I am a second-time bride coming this fall.
My first marriage ended amicably (we are still best buds) but he went on to become what he really wanted to be...a she.

So, that aside...my wonderful man (of nearly two years) asked me to marry him this past winter and I'm thrilled! But now the extra fun part...the planning.

If you've never been married before, let me warn you now. If you are not a planner or an organized person, or even have an idea of what you want...then start finding someone who can and get some ideas together.

Even though this is not my first rodeo, it has been 20 years since I last marched down the aisle. Lots has changed...from styles of gowns to cake toppers, and even tuxes.  This time around I am holding to what I wanted all along...an outdoor, small ceremony. No more super-long church aisle and close to 100 people. That's fine...if it's your first. But I'm middle-aged now (cough) and we want things a bit simpler.

I will wrap this up with some sites (and stores) that I am using to help me prepare. Go with your own style and don't let anyone persuade you to what you don't want.

Party City (great for all kinds of wedding stuff)
Hobby Lobby or Joanns, Michaels, Ben Franklin
Etsy (artisans galore!)
Amazon (found the gown here)
Thumbtack (where I've found the photographer and minister)
Ulta

Also never count out your local businesses. Bakers, florists, dressmakers, and corral friends and family who are gifted with hair and makeup, and even the shutterbugs.

Cheers!

Steph

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your engagement and good luck on your wedding. I do wish you weren't promoting Hobby Lobby. Their Supreme Court win of 2014 has allowed other companies to discriminate against transgender individuals. http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/08/hobby-lobby-supreme-court-employment-discrimination-227164

    ReplyDelete